LAW ENFORCEMENT BOARD MEMBER APPLICATION & REQUIREMENTS
The Partnership for Priority Verified Alarm Response (PPVAR) Board of Directors is seeking additional qualified law enforcement board members to help support the mission of increasing criminal apprehensions, improving both officer and public safety and enabling more efficient use of law enforcement resources through the use of video and audio technologies to verify crimes in progress.
Read more about PPVAR and the current board of directors at http://www.ppvar.org
Candidate Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Candidates will preferably be graduates of the FBI National Academy (FBI NA).
- Candidates will be active in promoting change in law enforcement procedures, tools, tactics at the local and national level
- Experience with PSAP operations and management including ASAP to PSAP implementation is beneficial.
- Candidates must be committed to attend at least 50% of PPVAR board meetings (by phone) – which equates to at least monthly participation
- Candidates must be willing to attend at least one face to face board meeting each year (travel expenses to be covered by PPVAR) – typically ISC West (Vegas) in April or ESX (Nashville) in June
- Candidates must be willing to actively promote mission of PPVAR – Promote the value of video and audio during the dispatch process to verify crimes in progress and facilitate priority law enforcement response
- Support ongoing review and development of PPVAR mission and strategy
- Support PPVAR training development with consultative input and review/approval of final content
- Support media campaigns with quotes/content when possible and appropriate
- Help develop plans for reaching and involving LE in PPVAR mission at local, state, and national level (ambassador)